"connecting to sites" dialogue box and is asking for a usern

Support Notes in using Windows Server 2008

"connecting to sites" dialogue box and is asking for a usern

Postby stephen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:15 am

Outlook 2007 client connecting to Exchange Server
Every time the Outlook 2007 is started it connects to the Exchange server and displays the emails from Mailbox and then a pop up dialogue pops up requesting a User name and Password for connecting to sites.mydomain.com
The domain user name and password do not work. So you have to click Cancel to remove the dialogue box.

This problem started after I enabled the SBS Web Applications web site and disabled the Default Web Site, to fix an issue with Out Of Office system.

Also if the client holds the CTRL Key and right clixks on the outlook icon on the task bar (next to the time) and selects Tests Email Auto Configuration the same pop up occurs firstly for sites.mydomain.com (press cancel )and then for autodiscover.mydomain.com

I went to the IIS Manager on the Server 2008 right click on the Exchange under SBS Web Applications and try edit Permissions and this error pops up
MBX
Windows cannot find 'MBX'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again.
Press OK
and then The Windows cannot find the file specified

If I right click Exchange and select Explore I receive the error "The Network path was not found"

Another user has reported that outlook shows this message on the task bar
"To use Microsoft Office Outlook with your Microsoft Exchange account you must provide your password"

The issue is probably due to SSL certificate not installed correctly
http://www.sslshopper.com/article-how-to-use-ssl-certificates-with-exchange-2007.html
stephen

Return to Windows Server 2008